Monday, February 27, 2006

not so lovely

I was browsing through a catalog produced by Felissimo called Haco. They offer a lot: "fashion, zakka, beauty, food, book, cd, etc." Instead of ordering though, you subscribe. What I think is the most important and interesting part is that they pick the color and sometimes the design of whatever you subscribe to. They feature what could possibly end up on your doorstep but unless you subscribe for as many months as there are options you might not get "the one" you want. They are a few singular items, like those scissors I just mentioned, but for the most part what you would receive is a surprise. Plus, you have to wait 3-4 weeks for it to arrive.

Potentially this could be good for some people like the girl obsessed with pink in the picture. But what if some yucky brown color really doesn't look so great on you? And, come on, a blue top and a pink skirt?

Until recently I thought it was a stupid idea but then I was thinking it would be kind of fun. Then I talked it over with Jun.


J: I don't think it's such a good idea ... blah, blah, blah, ... pisses me off that they say they are confident that you'll like their style ... it's none of their business ... blah, blah, blah ... so-called designers ... mumble, grumble ... (incoherent Japanese).


Me: (Thinking to myself: Where did this nasty independent streak come from?) OK, OK, I won't order (subscribe to) anything.

No comments: